Sporting new knee cartilage- C25k Walk

Moderators: mish, briandk, knoddie

Forum rules
Pammie

Sporting new knee cartilage- C25k Walk

Post by Pammie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Real Newbie here. Can use all the guidance available! I had stem cells injected in my Bone on bone knee September 2014. I am told as of last week that I do indeed have cartilage that will continue to grow. While I have been using getting well as an excuse to get better I have been getting worse. I'm heavy and realized this in capital letters over the weekend. I decided I WILL walk . I don't see running. My friend says theres an c25k walk app. Where can I get this?

Janster

Re: Sporting new knee cartilage- C25k Walk

Post by Janster » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:13 pm

I don't know what phone or tablet you use (apple or android?) but I don't see anything C25K walking related.

There are plenty of Apps out there that will track your 'walking' - like MapMyWalk or MapMyFitness.

What exactly are you trying to do? Since you have knee issues - You should ask your doctor how much 'walking' you should do.

You can use the C2K5 App... When it tells you to RUN - walk instead. When it tells you to walk - stop walking.

Pammie

Re: Sporting new knee cartilage- C25k Walk

Post by Pammie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi Janster.... My issue exactly. I have no stated limits.I have cartilage now where I did not. That's what's so frustrating about this whole process and why a friend recommended this program. I'm thinking my best bet will definitely be to try an modify to a walk. Any body else out there have any experience on anything close to this?

Return to “General”