Re: Starting W5D1 tomorrow!

Post by AimLabaim » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Thanks, Bob!!

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Way to go AimL - fantastic job, am so pleased for you :D
Good luck for Fri ;)

Ps will try to post more once I get PC fixed ( as decided won't boot up anymore :? ), in the mean time hope you kep enjoying your running :)

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Well, I had my first post-C25K run today and I ran 3.1 miles in 36:45. I'll take it! It was a tough run today because it was extremely windy. I felt like all of my uphills came with a strong headwind. But anyway, I did it :D I think my next run on Monday will be a 30-minute run but I will start work on increasing my pace. I've been hovering around an 11:45 mile (sometimes faster, sometimes a bit slower), so it will be fun to see how that improves.

Kaz, hope you get that PC fixed soon, and hope you are enjoying your runs as a graduate!

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 pm

AimLabaim wrote:Well, I had my first post-C25K run today and I ran 3.1 miles in 36:45. I'll take it!
That's a very respectable time!! Great job!

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:03 am

Hurrah - the PC is back again :D (managed to find the install disks so was able to restore back to a recent backup point - phew!!).

YAY! 36:54 is a great time - especially if it was windy. Heard someone say the other day that it's not the cold and rain that makes them take to the treadmill. it's the wind! So all power to you that you got out there and did it :D.

Let us know how the new "pace plan" goes. Maybe you could start running with the kids and trying to keep up with them :lol: .

Happy running :D
K.

PS My post c25k plan has been modified slightly as my Achilles is still a bit sore, so am going to take a couple of easy weeks to see if that will help.

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:09 am

Kaz, glad that PC is back up and running! I have been finding it hard to post here this week. The kids have been keeping me very busy :) Well, in my free runs since finishing the program, I've been running about an 11:30 mile (much slower than my kids! And my husband, for that matter). However, I now have a very annoying cough that seems to be made much worse with running. I'm debating on whether or not I should go out for my run tomorrow morning. On the one hand, I will cough like a crazy person for the rest of the day. On the other hand, I don't want to get out of my routine!

What do you guys do when you're mildly sick? Do you just push through, as long as you don't feel too bad?

Hope you're all having a great week. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving break here next week.

wolfy

Post by wolfy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:48 pm

I know what you mean about getting out of routine, when I injured my foot i felt guilty with myself for missing a few days but looking back it was right for me at the time, and I guess with a nasty cough its what feels right for you?

Anyway good luck and good running :)

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:39 am

I'm loving these free runs! I am down to an 11:15 mile. Heading out tomorrow morning to run off some turkey. This time my kids and husband can go with me :D Have a great weekend everyone!

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:39 am

AimLabaim wrote:I'm loving these free runs! I am down to an 11:15 mile. Heading out tomorrow morning to run off some turkey. This time my kids and husband can go with me :D Have a great weekend everyone!
I definitely ate too much! I'll be heading out this morning for a run - hoping for at least 5 miles or 10k to burn off some of the bad stuff I ate (pumpkin pie!). I managed a new 10k PR yesterday (in sig) that had me stoked all day!!

Have a great run with hubby and the kids!

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Wow Bob! That's awesome that you hit a new PR! Those are excellent times in your sig! Have a great run today. My hubby took me on an extremely hilly course that had me really working. It was tough, but fun. My kids opted to stay home in their jammies. I'm glad I got out there this morning. I could easily have made excuses about it being vacation, but I felt motivated.

Have a nice weekend. My next run will be on Monday. Today we are decking our halls for Christmas. :D

Return to “Progress Reports & Introductions”