C25K progress....

Moderators: mish, briandk, knoddie

Forum rules
Kaz

Re: C25K progress....

Post by Kaz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:10 am

So after the advice from Pozza I went back to week 5 and have spent the last couple of weeks building up again...managed w6d3 (22 mins) yesterday, and apart from a slight twinge in right heel this morning it felt good :D. Hopefully will continue to build up with no worse effects (as need to do something to keep the mince-pie eating in check :lol: ).
Hope everyone is enjoying their running and the holiday spirit :D.
K.

Pozza

Post by Pozza » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:39 am

Good stuff.

Just take it slow and steady for a few weeks and ice the heel if you think you need to. That will help with some of the general soreness.
PB's
5km: 21:06 - Point Cook parkrun
10km: 46:17 - Run Melbourne 2014
15: 1:22:18 - Run for the Kids 2014
Two Bays 28km: 2:52
42.2: 4:02:30 - Melbourne Marathon 2014

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Great to hear that you're back out there! Take it easy for a while and don't push yourself unnecessarily.v Good luck!

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Happy New Year all - hope you all had a great Christmas :D.

Not sure what it's been like where you are, but very mild in the UK until this week, when it's finally starting to feel like Winter....and now that's it's colder and breath is condensing as I run I can finally update my signature.

Am still plugging away trying to build up again - heel was sore after W7d3 run on Sun and I was limping most of the day :( , but it felt better overnight and ran W8d1 on Tue with no ill effect or morning after discomfort for that matter - hopefully that's a good sign that it's getting better at last.

Hope your all still enjoying your running.
K.

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Wow you're almost done! (not that it ends there but still nice to see that the c25k program will be finished soon).

It got cold this week for me too (US) and now it starts to feel like the winter that I love running in. Although today was surprisingly pleasant.
I MUST COMPLETE C25k .......... or else

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Thanks Lazilee - managed w9d1 yesterday, so the end (second time around ;)) is definitely in sight :D.
Don't know why, but these last few weeks have seemed a bit harder this time around - could be the extra wind I guess, or maybe it's just the xmas excesses slowing me down :lol:.
Anyway the plan is to try and stick at 30mins for a couple of weeks and then start increasing again (slowly) back up to 5k, with the aim of doing a 5k Parkrun by the end of Feb if the ankles hold up and the weather allows....
Happy running all :)

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Nb Had a Photobob-esque run yesterday (in terms of consistency rather than speed ;) ) - km splits were 8:01.3, 8:02 and 8:01.9 - couldn't do that again if I tried :lol:

Pozza

Post by Pozza » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:54 am

Nice work.

Once you get through this week take your time. I know when I completed the program I spent about a month just running for 30 minutes before I started to build up to longer distances.

parkrun is a great goal too. I'm the event director at my local parkrun and there's nothing better for me than seeing people coming through c25k programs and using parkrun as a goal event. We have a couple of local running groups that offer volunteer led c25k programs with parkrun as the 'graduation run'.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress this week :)
PB's
5km: 21:06 - Point Cook parkrun
10km: 46:17 - Run Melbourne 2014
15: 1:22:18 - Run for the Kids 2014
Two Bays 28km: 2:52
42.2: 4:02:30 - Melbourne Marathon 2014

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks Pozza - Although it's week 9 I think the 5km is still a few weeks off yet this time around :lol: . But am feeling positive about it and am confident will get back there again soon :) .

Had a great run today - wasn't very fast, but the sun was shining in a clear blue sky and the wind wasn't too bad - a really lovely chilly (watch is telling me it feels like -1C or 30F) winter run :D

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Grr - right heel is playing up again - went out for wk9D3 run on Sun but had to walk it instead :(. The torture sock ( :lol:) seems to be helping with morning soreness, but think I must have over done it a bit last week as we went out for a two hour walk on Sat, so didn't get a rest day between wk9d2 and wk9d3. Have decided to try and rest it straight away (well walk for a couple of weeks instead of running) now that it's hurting when start to run rather than trying to run through it, which is what I did last time, and see if that speeds up the recovery. So Tue walked to gym and back again afterwards, which was 10km :).

Hope everyone is enjoying their running - whatever the temp it is where you are :lol:

Return to “Progress Reports & Introductions”