C25K progress....

Moderators: mish, briandk, knoddie

Forum rules
Kaz

Re: C25K progress....

Post by Kaz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:21 am

AimLabaim wrote:Holy cow! You took 3 minutes off your pace?? That's amazing!
Thanks, I'm pretty amazed myself - though I think I'm going out a bit too fast (first km has been sub 12:00 min/mi pace on last two runs :o ) as next few kms are much slower and seem much tougher than they'd been previously. I think I'll try and temper the initial pace on Sat - no matter how good it feels ;) - and see how the rest of the run feels then!

W9D1 - Decided on doing the easier route and increasing the distance - so got to run down that pesky 12 min incline today :D. Reached 2.5mi (4km) in 32 mins 8-).

Would love to try and reach the 3.1mi (5km) by R3, but will have to see :D.

Happy running everyone :D.
K.

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Yay for W9!! I find that, for me, pacing is everything. I *could* run a faster pace, but my comfort level would be severely compromised ;) The faster pace will come with time, experience, and conditioning.

Gotta love a nice downhill. I ended my run on a short downhill today and it was heaven. Glad for rest day tomorrow...although it's a karate day for me, so not really a rest day!

Kaz

Re: C25K progress....5km down :-)

Post by Kaz » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:25 am

W9D2 - so today I ran 3.11miles in 44:30 - YAY I'VE RUN 5km ImageImageImage

Okay so it was much slower than the last couple of runs, but I ran for almost 45 minutes (OMG!! :shock: ) and legs and lungs felt much better for it as didn't want to collapse in a heap after 1 mile :D.

Huge thanks Photobob (hope your injury's on the mend soon!? :( ) and AimL for the support and inspiration to get me this far - you really gave me something to focus on when I wasn't sure I'd make it - so this one's for both of you :D :D.

Good luck with week 9 AimL - sure you'll sail through :D.

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Huge, huge CONGRATULATIONS!! Awesome job!

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:09 am

Kaz! You are awesome!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!

I did W9D1 last night and felt pretty good. I am at the point now where I miss running when it's my off day. :shock: I never thought I'd say that!

So you will finish the program on Monday? Glad I could help to be a motivator for you. You motivate me too! I look forward to checking in on these boards and I don't want to let you down :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kaz

Re: C25K progress... Graduated :-)

Post by Kaz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks Guys :D !

So yes, I did finish the program today - I was struggling a bit at the start as it felt like I'd already finished the program having done the 5km on Sat. However had a talk to myself and decided to try and do 30 mins so could say had finished the program properly....and blow me, by the time I got to 4km I was determined to keep going and do 5km :lol:.

So I completed the program today (on my 49th Birthday :shock: ) with a second 5km, this one (on the same route as Sat) coming in at 42:18 :D. Not a bad birthday present :lol: .

Wasn't sure would get here 10 weeks ago - but have DONE IT!

Will have to start planning the what next and think of starting a progress report on the Beyond C25K forum now I'm an official graduate :D.

K.

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:13 am

Kaz (aka Wonder Woman!) -- HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yes, it is still Monday here in the U.S., so it is still your birthday somewhere :D What a great present you gave yourself -- an excellent run to finish the program. I will finish on Wednesday and then I'll look for you on the Beyond C25K board. Can't believe we will be graduates (well, you already are!)!

I, too, had serious doubts about whether or not I'd be able to make it through the program. Sometimes it seemed so HARD! I'm so glad I pushed through the rough days and kept on going. You know, the other night I had a headache and stiff shoulders, and my first thought was that I needed to go for a run to loosen up and get rid of the headache. It worked! I think like a runner now...crazy!

My plan for my first free run after C25K is to tackle the 5k distance. My run today was 2.57 mi (11:40 average pace). So for my first free run, I will run to 3.1 mi (5k) and see how long it takes me. Can't wait to get to that distance! Thanks for all of your support through this!

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Congratulations on finishing the program and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Well done!

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:53 am

So, I finished the program last week and was looking forward to building up pace and distance...did a couple of 5kms, one a bit faster and then did a 6km yesterday.

However my Achilles is still giving me gyp, and after reading up some advice on here and on the internet am going to throttle back for a couple of weeks to see if that will help calm it down :cry:. Going to go back to the icing, do some "eccentric stretches" and drop back on running distance and pace.

Hopefully a little restraint now will hopefully pay dividends in the longer run!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their running :)
K.

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:11 am

Wow, a 6K?? Way to go! That's great! I have been sticking to the 30-minute runs (except for the 1 day I did the 5K). How is your achilles feeling now? A couple days ago I was having some achilles pain while I was running, but it was very mild and it went away after a few minutes. I hope you're feeling good and enjoying some nice weather over there. The fall weather here has been fantastic.

Return to “Progress Reports & Introductions”