C25K progress....

Moderators: mish, briandk, knoddie

Forum rules
PhotoBob

Re: C25K progress....

Post by PhotoBob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:14 am

Sorry to hear the you are having Achilles troubles! Rest and ice are the best medicine, so you are doing the right things! If problems happen after switching to new shoes, then it's probably the shoes that are causing the problem (Occam's Razor). Try switching out your shoes and see of that helps!

Hope you feel better soon!'

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Afternoon all :)
Managed to get W8D1 today :D - it wasn't very pretty, and it was darn slow (definitely no negative splits today :lol:), but I managed it, and hopefully there won't be any Achilles after effects tomorrow!
I could see I was going slowly (I'm blaming the heavy rain this morning for making the rec ground a bit sticky - my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;) ), and as I get a buzz when I score a new PR, I set (and achieved!!!) the goal of increasing my max distance by 10% instead of just doing 28 mins, so as a result I've now broken the 2 mile barrier - a small but noteworthy milestone 8-).

Hope everyone else's runs are going well.

K.

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Congrats on getting thru W8D1! Pretty or not, a completed run is a good run!

Bob S.

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Thanks Bob :)
Loved the Haiku by the way - d'you mind if I put on my signature as I thought it was very evocative of the months ahead :D

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:05 pm

You rock, woman!! I will be happy if I can complete 28 minutes!

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Kaz wrote:Thanks Bob :)
Loved the Haiku by the way - d'you mind if I put on my signature as I thought it was very evocative of the months ahead :D
Sure! Go ahead!

Bob S.

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:17 pm

W8D2 down - new distance 2.25 miles plus best pace to date!! :D.

Well looks like I've run my last at the rec ground for a while at least - I'd wanted to do all of the C25K runs in the same place so I could see how things changed over the plan; however the ground was so waterlogged when I did my warm up walk that I decided it would be too slippery to try and run....So did my first pavement run. Slightly more in the way of inclines, but it felt okay (had to keep telling myself to land gently :)) and the achilles seems to be holding up (it's a little sore again now, so will continue to ice for a few more days).

Still a good week so far - onwards to D3 on Monday :)
Happy running all.
K.

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:39 am

That's so awesome that you had a great run! Did you ever think your body could do what it's doing back before you started the program? I sure didn't. It's so empowering!

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Thanks AimL, yes I'm amazed how far we've come already - in the last three weeks alone (since the first 20 min run), I've gone from 1.33 miles at 15:47 min/mi to 2.15 miles at 12:43 min/mi :D. It feels great! 8-)

Must admit though that I had a bit of a hiccup today with W8D3 - felt good, so started off well, however the new route I tried had a 12 min incline mid way through :shock:, so by the time I hit the final 8 min incline my lungs had had enough so I got just over half way up and had to stop :cry:. Bit disappointed as didn't quite make the 28 mins, but almost 1:00 min/mi faster than previous best pace and still got 2.15 miles :).

Have a bit of a dilemma now for week 9 - do I do the tougher route and aim for 30 mins, or do I do the easier route and increase distance to 3 miles - oh decisions, decisions! ;).

Hope the sun is still shining where you are - happy running :D.
K.

AimLabaim

Post by AimLabaim » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:31 am

Kaz wrote:Thanks AimL, yes I'm amazed how far we've come already - in the last three weeks alone (since the first 20 min run), I've gone from 1.33 miles at 15:47 min/mi to 2.15 miles at 12:43 min/mi :D. It feels great! 8-)

Have a bit of a dilemma now for week 9 - do I do the tougher route and aim for 30 mins, or do I do the easier route and increase distance to 3 miles - oh decisions, decisions! ;).

Hope the sun is still shining where you are - happy running :D.
K.
Holy cow! You took 3 minutes off your pace?? That's amazing! I am running right around a 12:00 mile right now and you're almost there! Fantastic job!

My inclination would be to run the 30 minutes on a more comfortable route, because right now it's just about running for that continuous length of time. Once you finish the program, you can start adding levels of difficulty. That's my mindset anyway. I live in an area that has lots of rolling hills, so I have lots of hills on my routes, but I always know I'll get that nice downhill break before too long. I don't have any 12-minute climbs! I think I would keel over! :o

Yes, it's still gorgeous -- sunny and warm and just an absolutely beautiful autumn. I know it won't last and winter is right around the bend, but I love winter too, so it's all good. ;)

Good luck on your run tomorrow! I'll be rooting for you from across the pond!

Return to “Progress Reports & Introductions”