I MUST DO THIS--- Lazilee's mission to beat c25k GR!

Moderators: mish, briandk, knoddie

Forum rules
lazilee

Re: I MUST DO THIS--- Lazilee's mission to beat c25k GR!

Post by lazilee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 pm

W6D3 completed today was surprisingly really fun :) Midway through my run I was passing some kids and they start to race me hehe.. it was very cute and perked me up when I was starting to feel tired. I beat them..... should I feel embarrassed to say that it made me feel proud hahaha? As I started to round back home I was passing the park when a guy biking around came up beside me and told me "you look gorgeous~!" Let me just tell you, I look anything but gorgeous in my running outfits. My mom has actually told me that the hat that I wear makes me look homeless and my friend has said I look like a man. So hearing that I looked "gorgeous" really did make me feel gorgeous, I still had about 5 minutes left of my run, and that perked me up again. Just the last two minutes began to get a bit hard but I guess its lucky for me that the road leading back to my house is downhill in most directions.
I MUST COMPLETE C25k .......... or else

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Something about the glow of sweat from a workout makes everyone look gorgeous! Getting unsolicited acknowledgement of your effort will always perk you up and make you feel great - enjoy it!! Congrats on finishing W6!

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Result on finishing week 6 (esp with a couple of feel good moments to boot :) !) - your 2/3 way through now - so nearly there :)

Next up, the continuous running part of the program - just take it easy and am sure you'll get there :D

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Thanks Kaz & Bob :D

I finished my W7D1 run today and it was haaard. I should have ran it on Saturday but I started to notice a trend that because I always go to my friends house I always miss that day of running which makes the next time to run (Tuesday) soooo much harder. My friend said shew ants to run with me on Saturdays so hopefully this will change things! :D

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 pm

You're almost there! You don't have too many more runs until graduation!

Bob S.

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 pm

W7D2 run done.

I regret not wearing my hat today. I don't know why but I find runs unbearable if my ears get cold. I don't really care about my head but my ears being cold make it really hard. I decided not to take it cuz I usually take my hat off after a bit and then put it back on for cool off walk so I thought I didn't need it but I really did. I also wish I had checked the weather before running out, I just felt like my jacket was insulating me too much, I would have been better off with something lighter or just wearing a long sleeved shirt under my t-shirt. It's funny how I can manage if my body is cold but if my ears are cold I just cant take it.

I have noticed an improvement in my stamina. I used to start feeling like I was *done* at 10 minutes in a run but today it wasn't until I was 14 minutes in a run that I felt like I was *done*

Also.. is it bad to admit that I purposefully start my runs in a direction leading up hill so that the way back will be smooth sailing (down hill runs)? :P

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:21 pm

I also went out for a run today and regretted not wearing something to cover my ears! It didn't seem all that cold out (25F and sunny) so I headed out with only a running baseball-type hat and my ears were FREEZING for the first half of my run.

Bob S.

Return to “Progress Reports & Introductions”