I MUST DO THIS--- Lazilee's mission to beat c25k GR!

Moderators: mish, briandk, knoddie

Forum rules
mish

Re: ~Third times a charm?

Post by mish » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:38 pm

lazilee wrote:GAH! I havent been able to run in forever. Snow, School, and Stress all made it impossible. But I finally ran. It was so gruesome because im so out of shapeb ut I wanted to keep on my path so I completed W4d2 today. It was haaaaaaaaaaaaaard. I did it without stopping but I became a zombie and staggered home semi-conscious about the reality around me.

I might repeat this week if my next run ends the same. :oops:
Sorry for all the stress and snow. Good job getting back out there. If you need to repeat a week do it. Just do what you can when you can :)
My Running Blog
Dream big, but allow yourself the opportunity to start small, and have your share of struggles in the beginning. The world's great composers weren't writing symphonies the day they first sat at a piano.

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:14 pm

mish wrote:
lazilee wrote:GAH! I havent been able to run in forever. Snow, School, and Stress all made it impossible. But I finally ran. It was so gruesome because im so out of shapeb ut I wanted to keep on my path so I completed W4d2 today. It was haaaaaaaaaaaaaard. I did it without stopping but I became a zombie and staggered home semi-conscious about the reality around me.

I might repeat this week if my next run ends the same. :oops:
Sorry for all the stress and snow. Good job getting back out there. If you need to repeat a week do it. Just do what you can when you can :)
Thanks! I just finished my W4D3 run and didn't have any problems but I noticed I ran super slow :lol: if week 5 kills me I'll just restart week 4
I MUST COMPLETE C25k .......... or else

Kale

Post by Kale » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:50 pm

During one of my runs (week four? week five?) I startled a Canada goose at the beginning of my run. Rather than flying, that goose took off at a waddle.

And damned if it didn't stay ahead of me for a good while, until we got to the water's edge.

Several weeks into the program, and I found my level of badassitude to be firmly in the Less Than Goose range.

If you're already scaring the birds and squirrels out of your way, you're doing GREAT.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Graduated C25K 5/25/2012

A posse, ad esse.
From potentiality to actuality.

Longest run: 13.1 miles

lazilee

Re: I MUST DO THIS--- Lazilee's mission to beat c25k GR!

Post by lazilee » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 pm

China made me not run.. pollution + running = not good. SO I didn't.

It's winter again and running is in the air. Here's me trying for the fourth time!

Completed W1D1 today. It was raining and I couldn't find a rain coat with a hood, but the worst part of the run was that I accidentally selected play music by artist and I had the same two songs playing on loop for the entire run...... ughhhhhh. The run was very easy and pleasant. I've never run this early in December but it's quite nice, but I miss the freezing cold. There's just something about taking a freezing cold breath that feels good.

PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Congrats on starting again and not letting the weather dictate your run! I used to hibernate during the winter months, but now I love running in the winter!!

Bob S.
"One step, then the next - gets you where you're going" - Sister Creep

C25K Grad: 7/19/09
5K PR: 26:08| 10K PR: 54:49
5M PR: 43:02 | 10M PR: 1:27:58
HM PR: 1:58:07
Longest Run to Date: 15 miles

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Thanks photobob! I've only ever really run in the winter and early spring. Summer quite frankly feels like torture.

W1D2 completed today. I don't think I'm in as bad shape as I thought I was. I'm finding the runs pretty easy, no real problems except having to dodge cars. My body seems to take running as a familiar thing even after not running for over a year.

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Hey Lazilee - welcome back to the site :D
Well done on starting again - hopefully you will achieve your mission this time, let us know how you get on :D
Wow - what were you doing in China?

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:02 am

Kaz wrote:Hey Lazilee - welcome back to the site :D
Well done on starting again - hopefully you will achieve your mission this time, let us know how you get on :D
Wow - what were you doing in China?
Thanks! I was studying Chinese. I took it in college but always wanted to go to China so after I graduated I did :)

W1D3 done today. I got sick over the weekend so I didn't run like I was supposed to.

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:51 pm

W4D1 of program completed.

I know I skipped a week but this happened because on my W2D1 run day my battery ran out and I alternated the runs to the best of my memory .. which was actually wrong but it didnt matter. The next run I decided I didnt need the program on to run and just used the concept to see how long i could run before I got tired, at this point it was 3 mins, so I alternated with 2 minutes of walking with 3 of running, and today I decided to look at the program again to see where I would best fit and i thought the 3 mins 5 min alternates were a good start.

phew!

lazilee

Post by lazilee » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 pm

W4D2 done. I think I ran an extra two or three minutes at the end because I accidentally pressed pause on my phone and didn't realize it until I felt like time was up. Rather than just stop,I pressed play and went through with the remaining 2 minutes. Felt so good. :D

Return to “Progress Reports & Introductions”